Nektar Therapeutics
NEKTAR THERAPEUTICS (Form: 3, Received: 04/11/2012 13:01:56)
FORM 3
        
UNITED STATES SECURITIES AND EXCHANGE COMMISSION
Washington, D.C. 20549

INITIAL STATEMENT OF BENEFICIAL OWNERSHIP OF SECURITIES

OMB APPROVAL
OMB Number: 3235-0104
Estimated average burden
hours per response...
0.5
                      
Filed pursuant to Section 16(a) of the Securities Exchange Act of 1934, Section 17(a) of the Public Utility Holding Company Act of 1935 or Section 30(h) of the Investment Company Act of 1940
                      

1. Name and Address of Reporting Person *

Medve Robert

2. Date of Event Requiring Statement (MM/DD/YYYY)
4/4/2012 

3. Issuer Name and Ticker or Trading Symbol

NEKTAR THERAPEUTICS [NKTR]

(Last)        (First)        (Middle)

455 MISSION BAY BOULEVARD SOUTH

4. Relationship of Reporting Person(s) to Issuer (Check all applicable)

_____ Director                            _____ 10% Owner
___ X ___ Officer (give title below)          _____ Other (specify below)
Chief Medical Officer /

(Street)

SAN FRANCISCO, CA 94158       

(City)              (State)              (Zip)
5. If Amendment, Date Original Filed (MM/DD/YYYY)

 

6. Individual or Joint/Group Filing (Check Applicable Line)

_ X _ Form filed by One Reporting Person
___ Form filed by More than One Reporting Person


Table I - Non-Derivative Securities Beneficially Owned
1.Title of Security
(Instr. 4)
2. Amount of Securities Beneficially Owned
(Instr. 4)
3. Ownership Form: Direct (D) or Indirect (I)
(Instr. 5)
4. Nature of Indirect Beneficial Ownership
(Instr. 5)

Table II - Derivative Securities Beneficially Owned ( e.g. , puts, calls, warrants, options, convertible securities)
1. Title of Derivate Security
(Instr. 4)
2. Date Exercisable and Expiration Date
(MM/DD/YYYY)
3. Title and Amount of Securities Underlying Derivative Security
(Instr. 4)
4. Conversion or Exercise Price of Derivative Security 5. Ownership Form of Derivative Security: Direct (D) or Indirect (I)
(Instr. 5)
6. Nature of Indirect Beneficial Ownership
(Instr. 5)
Date Exercisable Expiration Date Title Amount or Number of Shares
Employee Stock Option     (1) 3/30/2019   Common Stock   76500   $9.47   D    
Employee Stock Option     (2) 6/12/2019   Common Stock   23500   $7.55   D    
Employee Stock Option     (3) 2/7/2020   Common Stock   75000   $7.21   D    
Employee Stock Option     (4) 2/7/2020   Common Stock   75000   $7.21   D    

Explanation of Responses:
( 1)  This option was granted on March 31, 2011 and vests as to 25% of the option on the first anniversary of the grant date and as to the remaining 75% of the option in monthly installments over the three-year period thereafter.
( 2)  This option was granted on June 13, 2011 and vests in monthly installments over the four-year period following the grant date.
( 3)  This option was granted on February 8, 2012 and vests in monthly installments over the four-year period following the grant date.
( 4)  This option was granted on February 8, 2012 and is subject to both time-based vesting and performance-based vesting conditions, both of which must be met before the option becomes vested and exerciseable. Under the time-based vesting requirement, the option vests in monthly installments over the four-year period following the grant date. The performance-based vesting condition will be met only if Nektar (or a licensee), within 5 years following the grant date, files a new drug registration with the U.S. FDA or the European Medicines Agency for a significant drug candidate program.

Reporting Owners
Reporting Owner Name / Address
Relationships
Director 10% Owner Officer Other
Medve Robert
455 MISSION BAY BOULEVARD SOUTH
SAN FRANCISCO, CA 94158


Chief Medical Officer

Signatures
Gil M. Labrucherie 4/11/2012
** Signature of Reporting Person Date


Reminder: Report on a separate line for each class of securities beneficially owned directly or indirectly.
* If the form is filed by more than one reporting person, see Instruction 5(b)(v).
** Intentional misstatements or omissions of facts constitute Federal Criminal Violations. See 18 U.S.C. 1001 and 15 U.S.C. 78ff(a).
Note: File three copies of this Form, one of which must be manually signed. If space is insufficient, see Instruction 6 for procedure.
Persons who respond to the collection of information contained in this form are not required to respond unless the form displays a currently valid OMB control number.